Don't jump to any conclusions from the title of this post. I think NZ is beautiful and the people are great. But I feel that I have been here forever already. I am not really homesick, it have jsut been a super long week. Maaori is super hard, I can speak it and read in it-- but the dictionary has become my best friend. No joke i have spent hours reading the silly thing. I do know a few words and phrases, and luckily my class all speaks English as a first language. The kids are totally sweet and are helping me with the language thing hard core. We laugh a lot.
They also eat here, compared to these people we don't eat at all. I feel that I am eating constantly. We have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but we also have morning and afternoon tea, and usually something after dinner. Luckily, we eat a ton of fruit, and my host, Rose, is into health food. But I am sure I am going to be giagantic when I get home. It is impolite to reject food here, so you jsut accept and try to stay active.
Life is great, and I am striving to figure out how to use my pics and post some.
No comments:
Post a Comment