For Mike's birthday we decided to got have a picnic out at 5 Mile Pass. I was in charge of food. We had Sloppy Joes, apple salad, grapes, Pringles, and Sobe. We took his truck up this hill, I was freaking out because I crashed pretty hard core going up a hill out there last summer, I still have issues will goign up big rocky hills. The only thing he complained about was the sun being in the perfect spot that it was hard to see the big rocks.But we made it to the top safely and fairly smoothly. I had brought a blanket, but it was rocky on top of the hill, so we opted for sitting on the tail gate instead. While we were eating Mike told me that he thinks that it is lame that he is the only person who gets presents on his birthday. I laughed and told him that was the best part. He teased me about wanting it. Finally I caved and wanted whatever it was, rock he picked up off the ground, something from the gas station, the trash, I just was curious to find out what it was. We jumped off the tail gate to get it from the truck. Mike landed just perfect to send shooting pains through his feet (I hate that). We were walking around and laughing about the pains, when they subsided we stood and watched the sun set. Then he brought back up the topic of giving me a present. After a while he said I could have it if I could guess what it was. Not wanting to be obnoxious or pushy I let my first though slide (which was ring) and said the next word that popped into my head "dart". He laughed and said "No, do you want to guess again?" I said no I am a crappy guesser. The whole time he is standing behind me not letting me turn around to face him. He told me if I turned around I could see it. Jokingly I asked if I was alound to. When I turned around he had a ring box in his hand. I jumped and gave him a huge hug, probably cutting off the circulation to his head. Then he told me if I let him go he could ask me. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Then told me I needed to hold still so he could put it on.
I totally didn't expect to have him ask me to marry him on his birthday, it is supposed to be all about him. He is so cute, it may not seem like the most romantic proposal but it was perfect for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment